Keep Faith, inspire the Faithful, expose Clergy abuse and arrogance - this is our Mission

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Ten Year Old Child's View about Cross

By: Real Catholic

All of us adults are aware of the various on-going controversies in our church. But no one knows how these things affect our children. Most of us think the children know nothing, or do not care, about this cross/crucifix controversy, etc. Recently I had an experience with my ten year old son with opened my eyes.

I am in Chicago and I have a 10 Year old son. Mostly I am his buddy/companion and chauffeur for many of his activities. We are very active in the church and as always it’s fun to go to the church and meet our friends and families.

Though we had many issues about crosses in the Church, I have never discussed any of those things with my son. And as an active supporter of Crucified Cross, I did not want to influence my son’s thinking against the Diocese and church authorities. Perhaps, I thought my 10 year is too young and small to understand those issues and details diligently.

But the recent incident torpedoed all levels of my imaginations. And here the is the incident..

I normally call people during my driving and sometimes I call my “Coppel Buddy” and “Garland Buddy” to get some updated info from there. And recently my son overheard one of the “Cross” conversations between myself and my Garland buddy in the car. And my son asked about the “Cross” details. I tried to change the subject and told him that “Nothing son- Some simple things about Crosses in the Church”. My son was persistent, as children of that age mostly are. As usual, with his enthusiasm and curiosity, he insisted to get more details about the last conversation I had about the Cross. I was in a great dilemma.

I told him in a nice and gentle way, the rituals and the Cross issues in Garland Church. I told him that there are two types of Crosses “Crucified Cross and Claver Marthoma Cross” and in Garland Church they are taking off the Crucified Cross and replacing it with the Marthoma Cross.

I was astonished and totally mesmerized by my son’s most definite reply. He raised his voice and I could feel some anger there. He asked me.. “Dad… How can anybody replace Crucified Jesus with an “Anchor Cross”? And he continued earnestly "..Crucified Cross is a “Truth” – Crucified Jesus a “BELIEF” and Crucified Jesus is the “Center of FAITH”. And he said that, if Crucified Jesus was not there, there would not have been an Anchor Cross in the first place. And he stated clearly, Whoever is doing it, they are committing a MISTAKE.  He also told me that in the older days, the Cross was a T-Shaped Cross.

My feelings about my son's out burst was mixed. One way I was HAPPY because I thought even a 10 year old KID was thinking the same way like normal people are thinking. And at the same time I was UPSET because I am NOT able to do much towards the fact that I am strongly supporting the Crucified Cross.

Anyway I don’t have much to say..But it’s something, we need to confront within ourselves. What can we do to make sure we have the Crucified Jesus, which is the focus of our FAITH always on our altar. I am sure VOICE is fighting for the TRUTH – FAITH – and our BELIEF. I wish all the best and I support the right actions of VOICE to keep the Syro FAITH people together. I foresee a manifested deviation from our faith by our religious leaders and I am sad if that occurs. And I pray to Crucified Jesus to bring the right thoughts to our leaders.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a 9 yr old,but i have never thought about asking him or talking to him regarding this.I think I will try now.I am a strong suppoter of crucifix

Anonymous said...

Yes, our kids see and understand every dirty politics in our church

Anonymous said...

പിപ്പിലടന്ചെട്ടന്റെ മറുപടി കണ്ടു. മനപൂര്വം തെറ്റിച്ചു എഴുതി യെങ്കിലും തെറ്റ്ചൂണ്ടിക്കാനിച്ചപോള് അത് തിരുത്തിയത് താങ്ങള് ഒരു നല്ല മനസ്സിന്റെ ഉടമയയാതുകൊണ്ടാണ്. മാനുഷനാണോ അവനു തെറ്റ് പറ്റും.എന്നാല് അത്
മനസിലലാകി തിരുത്തുന്നതാണ് അവന്റെ വിവേകം.നല്ല അറിവുള്ള ഒരാള്
വിവേകി ആകണമെന്നില്ല നമ്മുടെ ചില മൂത്ത സഭാ പിതാക്കന്മാരുല്പ്പെടെ. കടും പിടുത്തം അന്തചിദ്രം വളര്ത്തുന്നു. സിറോ മലബാര് സഭ നേരിടുന്ന അന്തചിദ്രം ഈ കടുംപിടുതത്തില് നിന്ന് ഉണ്ടായതാണ്
ഞാന് പഠിക്കാന് സമര്ത്ഥന് ആയിരുന്നു യെങ്കിലും കുടുംബത്തില് സാമ്പത്തികം
വളരെ കുറവായിരുന്നത് കാരണം ഉന്നത വിദ്യാഭാസം നേടുവാന് സാദിച്ചില്ല.
പക്ഷെ പരന്ന വായന ഉണ്ട്. ഇപ്പോള് ഒരു കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറും ഉണ്ട്ട്. ഫാക്ടറി ജോലി എന്ന്നെജീവിതം എന്തെന്ന് നല്ലവണ്ണം പഠിപ്പിച്ചു. എന്റെ കൈവെള്ളയിലെ തഴമ്പ് പോലെ അല്ല ഹൃദയം. അതില് ഉഊതി കാച്ചിയ പോന്നുപൂലെ സൂക്ഷിക്കുന്ന ഉന്നു ഉണ്ട്.അത്എനിക്ക് വേണ്ട്ടി കുരിസിരില് രക്തം ചിന്തി മരിച്ചു മരണത്തെ പരാജയപെടുത്തിയഎന്റെ ദിവ്യരക്ഷകനാണ്. ആ ക്രൂസിതനില്ലുള്ള വിശ്വാസമാണ്. ക്രൂസിതനെ ആരെങ്കിലും അവഹേളിച്ചാല് നല്ല തഴമ്പ്ഉള്ള എന്റെ കൈ നല്ലവണ്ണം തരിക്കും.

ഇന്ന് കേന്ദ്ര കൃഷി മന്ത്രി സരത് പവാറിനെ ഒരു സിക്കുകാരന് ( ഒരു അക്രമി എന്ന് മാധ്യമ വാക്കുകളില് ?)കൈവച്ച വാര്ത്ത കണ്ടുകാണുമല്ലോ. പൊറുതി മുട്ടുമ്പോള് അറ്റ കൈയാണ്.
പിപ്പിലാടന്ചേട്ടന് ഒരു ഉപകാരം ചെയ്യാമോ. താങ്ങള് അമേരിക്കയില് ആണെന്ന്
മനസിലാക്കുന്നു. എനിക്കു ഒരു വാര്ത്തയുടെ സത്യം അറിയണം. എഴുത്തില് കൂടിയുള്ളതങ്ങളുടെ പേഴ്സണാലിറ്റി മനസ്സിലാകിയയത് വച്ച് സത്യം അറിയിക്കും എന്ന് വിശ്വസിക്കുന്നു.
അമേരിക്കയിലെ ഒരു പള്ളിയില് കുര്ബാന പ്രസംഗത്തിനിടെ ഒരച്ചന്
ക്രൂസിത രൂപത്തെ ചത്ത സവം എന്ന് പരാമര്ശിച്ചു എന്ന് ഈ ബ്ലോഗില് വായിക്കാനിടയായി. ഇതു സിറോ മലബാര് സഭയുടെ VIP യുടെ ചേട്ടന് അച്ഛന് ആണെന്നുംവായിച്ചു. ഇതു ഒരിക്കിലും സത്യമാകരുതെ എന്ന് ആശിക്കുന്നു.
പിപ്പിലടന്ചെട്ടന് ഇതിനെപറ്റി അനേഷിച്ചു കൃത്യമായ മറുപടി തരണം.

പിന്നെ എന്നെ ആരു അവഹെളിച്ചാലും എന്റെ കത്തില് അസഭാവര്ഷം ഉണ്ടാവില്ല

ചേട്ടന്റെ മറുപടി വരുമ്പോള് തന്നെ എനിക്ക് കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറില് കയറി മറുപടി അയക്കാന് ഒന്നും സാദിക്കില്ല. ആഗ്രഹാമില്ലാജിട്ടല്ല, സമയമില്ല. പക്ഷെ പിപ്പിലാടന് ചേട്ടന് ഒത്തിരി ഒഴിവു സമയം ഉണ്ടെന്നു തോന്നുന്നു.

സ്നേഹത്തോടെ

മോന്സി മുറ്റത്ത്കരോട്ട്

Anonymous said...

അഴിമതിക്കാരായ രാസ്ട്രീയക്കാരെ പൊറുതിമുട്ടിയ ജനം കൈവെക്കാന്
.തുടങ്ങി..ഇതു സൂചനയാണ്.

ഒരു ജനതയെ വിസ്വസതില്നിന്നും തകര്ക്കാന് നോക്കുന്ന വെള്ളയടിച്ച
കുഴിമാടഗളായി മാറുന്ന ആത്മീയ നേതാക്കന്മാര്ക്ക് ജനം കരുതി വയ്ക്കുന്നത്
എന്താണ്?
നല്ലവരായ ആത്മീയ ഗുരുക്കന്മാരുടെയിടയില് പൂഴിമണ്ണില് മുഖം
മറച്ചിരിക്കുന്ന ഒട്ടകപക്ഷിയെപൂലെയനിവര്. എല്ലാവരെയും എല്ലാ കാലത്തും
കബളിപ്പിക്കാന് ആര്ക്കും സാദിക്കില്ല. ചവിട്ടിമെതിച്ച് അതിന്മീല് കെട്ടിപ്പോകകുന്നതെന്തും ,അതില്നിന്നു ഉണ്ടാകുക. വിലാപത്തിന്റെ സ്വരമാവും, കരച്ചിലുംപല്ലുകടിയും

Anonymous said...

അഴിമതിക്കാരായ രാസ്ട്രീയക്കാരെ പൊറുതിമുട്ടിയ ജനം കൈവെക്കാന്
.തുടങ്ങി..ഇതു സൂചനയാണ്.

ഒരു ജനതയെ വിസ്വസതില്നിന്നും തകര്ക്കാന് നോക്കുന്ന വെള്ളയടിച്ച
കുഴിമാടഗളായി മാറുന്ന ആത്മീയ നേതാക്കന്മാര്ക്ക് ജനം കരുതി വയ്ക്കുന്നത്
എന്താണ്?
നല്ലവരായ ആത്മീയ ഗുരുക്കന്മാരുടെയിടയില് പൂഴിമണ്ണില് മുഖം
മറച്ചിരിക്കുന്ന ഒട്ടകപക്ഷിയെപൂലെയനിവര്. എല്ലാവരെയും എല്ലാ കാലത്തും
കബളിപ്പിക്കാന് ആര്ക്കും സാദിക്കില്ല. ചവിട്ടിമെതിച്ച് അതിന്മീല് കെട്ടിപ്പോകകുന്നതെന്തും ,അതില്നിന്നു ഉണ്ടാകുക. വിലാപത്തിന്റെ സ്വരമാവും, കരച്ചിലുംപല്ലുകടിയും